Poly/Spandex Products Care Instructions (EDC Leggings, Capris, and compression shorts):
• Check the label on your specific product for best instructions on how to extend the life of that particular product.
• Cold Wash, Air dry: Machine wash with cold or cool water and hang dry or lay out flat to dry. This helps protect and extend the life of the polyester fabric and maintain the shape of the product.
• Like with Like: It’s always a good idea to wash color with similar colors. Darks with darks and lights with lights.
• Avoid mixing with cotton, wool, or heavier, abrasive materials like jeans: These materials may adhere to the poly/spandex fabric of your new products or cause abrasions to the material.
• Use little to no fabric softener: Moisture wicking fabrics don’t mix well with fabric softener. The softener coats the fabric and decreases the fabric’s sweat wicking capabilities.
Here is a link to a description of all common laundry care symbols found on most wash label tags: http://www.textileaffairs.com/lguide.htm